OK, so it’s been slow for me lately with the pregnancy, college, morning sickness and all my other lovely complications including a surgical procedure. I was just thinking I hadn’t posted anything in almost 20 days and how that was just unsat (Navy lingo!) So, I was checking out The Leftover Queen’s blog and she had a meme on there where she was supposed to tag 5 people. Instead she typed “consider all y’all tagged” so I jumped at the opportunity to actually post something on here! I am not happy about my forced hiatus but I really have no choice. I will spare you the gory details but I’m just not allowed to do a few things until I deliver and I’m certainly not allowed to do any strenuous activities. So, here’s the meme!
Select five people to tag:
Here are the things to blog about and my answers:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
In February 1998 I was a junior at Miami Springs Senior High. How lovely! I was lusting over my American History teacher who was oh, 20+ years my senior. Yes, I’m young!
What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago I was living in North London with my husband. I had just been offered a position at the Royal London Hospital’s A&E (ER) and was taking it easy before I had to start working 12 hour shifts again.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey
2) Rice Krispie Treats
3) Crusty bread
4) BK’s french fries
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Travel around the world with my husband and child. We’d be gone for a good while and not be rushed in any way.
2) I would donate money to the Children’s Hunger Fund and March of Dimes.
3) I would build my dream house with a kitchen that took up about half the entire square footage! I would equipment with the largest, most expensive La Cornue range, a big walk in fridge, all of the other commodities of a modern kitchen but well hidden to retain the old French country style I love. Let’s not forget that ginormous shoe closet full of Blahniks, Louboutins and Choos!
4) I would buy a house for my mom and one for my dad.
5) I would put my siblings through college
Five bad habits:
1) I bite my nails. Always have and probably always will.
2) I am a HUGE procrastinator.
3) I do not like to study.
4) I love to buy shoes………expensive shoes.
5) I nag.
Five things you like doing:
3) Shoe shopping
4) Buying cookbooks
Five things you would never wear again:
1) Navy coveralls
2) Payless shoes
3) Skin tight clothes
5) A wedding dress (fingers crossed!)
Five favorite toys:
1) My Kitchenaid Professional 600 mixer
2) My Kitchenaid 12 cup Wide Mouth food processor
3) My Cuisinart 2qt Pure Indulgence ice cream machine
4) My computer; custom built by my geeky husband
5) The Nintendo Wii