I have managed to complete all but one of the Daring Bakers’ challenges up to now. Some times I’ve had more success than others but it’s all be at least edible and photographed. Well, not so this time. About 3 weeks ago, I went ahead and did the challenge but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. My dough did not rise the third time so I thought I’d turn the oven on for baking and put the proofing loaves on top of the stove for a bit of warmth. Well, that as a huge mistake. The loaves didn’t rise anyway and one of them, the baguette, the only one essential to the challenge, half-baked and stuck to the towel I was proofing it in so I had to throw it away. I went ahead and baked the other loaf but it got no oven spring. It tasted good but was very dense. I have a lot going on and I didn’t have time to do it but hey, at least I tried!
For more info on the challenge, visit Breadchick’s blog, The Sour Dough.