Day 11. List 15 of your favorite things.
I’m going to leave the obvious things like my son, my family, etc out of this list. It is obvious that I love them and I especially love my son, his kisses, hugs, etc. In no particular order:
1. Travel. Deep down, travel is what makes me tick. I wish I could drop everything and just travel the world for a year or two. That was the plan many years ago and I still have hope that I will be able to do this at some point.
2. Apple pie. Well, nearly all baked apple desserts. I haven’t met an apple pie I didn’t like. I just love the flavor of cooked apples.
3. Beef. No shame, I love beef. I love good steak, I love good burgers, I love good beef stew. I had the best steak of my life at The Ritz in London for my first wedding anniversary some years ago. It was Chateaubriand and I still dream about it.
4. Cookbooks. That’s no secret considering I own nearly 400. I’m a sucker for them. I often joke that I should start a private lending library.
5. Requited love. Who doesn’t love that?
6. My iPhone. I have a love-hate relationship with my phone. I hate that I’m so dependent on it.
7. Shoes. Again, no secret here. I LOVE shoes. As a matter of fact, shoes are second only to travel. I should have put this list in order.
8. White chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
9. Sticky toffee pudding. Oh yeah.
10. Baking. I simply love baking. Life would be very sad if I could no longer bake.
11. The color blue, especially light blue.
13. Knowledge. I love being knowledgeable. I often complain about school and I don’t always love the process of learning but I always the result. I get a sort of high from possessing knowledge. Knowledge is my drug of choice….and it IS addictive.
14. Pearls. There’s something about pearls.
15. Pepsi Max. Just because I kicked the habit doesn’t mean I don’t still love it.