Day 2. 20 Facts About You.
1. I used to bite my nails.
2. My nickname in elementary school was “pumpkin head” because apparently my head was disproportionately big, even for a kid.
3. I didn’t have a date for prom.
4. I have a GED. I didn’t finish high school because I had 0.5 credits to complete and I didn’t want to go to summer school.
5. I am a Francophile.
6. Once upon a time, I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon.
7. When I was in the third grade, I was Little Red Ridinghood in a production in my town’s largest theater (that’s not saying much!)
8. I had a short stint in circus school, as a trapeze student, when I was in the second grade.
9. When I was 17, I decided I was going to move to London. It took me 7 years, but I did it….only to move back to Miami less than 2 years later.
10. I once made the stupid mistake to attempt to hike up Mount Vesuvius on my own. I was lost for a couple of hours and I really thought I was going to die on the side of the mountain and no one would find me.
11. I took first place in pretty much every reading competition in entered in the first and second grades.
12. I hate cilantro and coriander. Even small amounts makes a meal inedible for me.
13. I came to the US when I was 14 years old (9th grade) and I didn’t speak any English at all. By the time I was in 11th grade, I was taking college level English classes and smashing the national standard scores on the standardized test associated with the class.
14. I left the Navy because I didn’t want to run the required 1.5 miles every 6 months, plus I had failed pretty much every physical fitness test I’d taken. Oh, the irony!
15. I’ve had arthritis on my knees since I was in my mid teens.
16. I love Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey, but I take the chocolate chunks out and throw them away.
17. I don’t actually like chocolate, for the most part.
18. I am Agnostic but I enjoying studying religion, especially Christianity, from an academic/historical perspective.
19. I don’t smoke, never have. I’ve never even touched a cigarette.
20. I have been thinking about having a Banana Split since I started writing this list.