Day 5. Ten songs you love right now.
In no particular order:
1. “The Middle” by Jimmy Eat World
2. “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5
3. “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
4. “Someone Like You” by Adele
5. “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele
6. “Soul Sister” by Train
7. “Apologize”by OneRepublic
8. “Breakeven” by The Script
9. “One Hundred Years” by Five For Fighting
10. “Viva la Vida” by Coldplay
I find, and I suppose I’m not alone, that I tend to listen to songs that somehow depict my current state of mind, my life, how I feel, etc. As I finished putting this list together, that fact became very clear to me. The songs are about love, heartbreak, and living life. For example, “The Middle” is the advice I’d give me if I was someone else. “One Hundred Years” is about the snapshots, so to speak, that make up life and how everything seems so urgent at the moment and you realize it’s not as you get older; but it’s also about about living life to the fullest and realizing that every moment is golden. The rest, well, is pretty self explanatory, I think.
Bonus song: “Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration” It’s a parody of OneRepublic’s “Apologize” but about the American Declaration of Independence. It’s very well done.