OK, I have completed two garments for the Wardrobe content. They are the easiest two and hopefully the worst looking two! The trousers hang OK and are wearable but really, the fit could be much better. That said, they are very comfortable and cool, which is a must in this South Florida heat. I used a linen/cotton blend from Joanns.
The top, as I mentioned before, I made instead of the Vogue one. I had made a variation of this top before and liked it. Of course, I wish I had remembered I had to eliminate some of the fabric on the front neckline for the previous top. The actual construction techinique of this top is virtually flawless, if I may say so myself. This was supposed to be a test garment but because it came out so well, neckline aside, I decided to just go ahead and use it for the contest and actually wear it. I love it, really. I do need to figure out how to keep the facing on the right side of the front from flipping up. I am waiting for my stitch in the ditch foot to arrive so I can tack it to the shoulder seam, hopefully that will do it. For this top I used a mustard colored cotton woven I have had since 2003 or so. As I said, it was supposed to be a test garment so I used fabric I wouldn’t necessarily miss if the garment was ruined.
So, I guess that’s just a drop in the Wardrobe bucket, so to speak. The 8 pieces left to do are the most complicated. I have made a muslin for the skirt, which I drafted myself instead of using the pattern I had selected. I made a muslin for the McCall’s skirt and it just didn’t work for me, which is why I decided to go the self-drafted way. So now I just need work up the courage to cut into my pretty ivory eyelet fabric and make the skirt. I am currently working on the BWOF blouse, we’ll see how long that takes me.