I thought that since the previous Simplicity 2599 (two posts down) fit well and needed only a slight alteration to the neckline to fit better, I’d make a quick second version. Well, it turned out to take forever because I just tend to start things then leave them and start another. I finally finished the blouse a few weeks ago but was too lazy to actually photograph it or wear it.
The only changes I made to this version was that I closed the center back seam completely so there is no button closure. I left the seam there because it is shaped and it helps with the swayback. I also, as you can probably tell from looking at the two versions, made the neckline smaller so there is less skin exposed. I suppose I could have done with a lower neckline at the front and the sides and back as they are but that would have been too much work for a “quick” top. I also widened the sleeves so they are not as snug.
I’ve used this fabric before and really like it. It’s rayon and it feels great on the skin, plus I love the hand. Too bad this was pretty much the last of it.
One last thing, for the sleeve hem I decided to use hem tape because otherwise they would have been too short for my taste. This is what it looks like from both sides.