For this round of the Sewing Bee, we had to refashion a man’s shirt into a garment for an adult. Right off the bat, I knew I’d be in trouble. I am a technical person, but creativity as required for this round is beyond me. To add to that deficiency, I didn’t realize that I could have used more than one shirt until I was already halfway done with the garment I had started. If I had known, I would have chosen a different project. I made a shirt out of a shirt, which is thoroughly uninspired. I took a look at the other submissions and I was blown away; so blown away, in fact, that I considered dropping out, especially since my refashioned shirt was too small for my liking.
In the end, I chose to go ahead and enter anyway for the same reason I entered first round, I’d have no change to move on if I didn’t, but I’m pretty sure this is where I get off the Sewing Bee wagon. I’d be very surprised of I move on to round 3.
For the details of the construction of the shirt, see my review on the challenge entry at Pattern Review.
Leave a Reply